Many things affect the price and amount of days on market it will take to rent your home. We will advise you on what should be done, what may not be necessary and what has to be done in order to get your home rent ready. Some items of note are:
- Curb appeal. Having a neat yard with freshly cut shrubs gives a warm inviting feeling. If it is a vinyl home consider pressure washing. People know a neat home outside equals a neat home inside.
- Freshly painted walls with a warm neutral earth tone. Gone are the days of boring white walls. But we don’t want pink, blue, or orange rooms. They can be overpowering when viewing online and in person. Painting is the least expensive way to make the largest impact.
- Clean flooring is imperative. If carpeted have the carpets professionally steam cleaned. All tenants are charged to clean carpets at move out so we want to give them cleaned carpets at move in.
- Updated appliances. Everyone knows the kitchens can make the biggest difference in a home. Newer appliances, black, stainless steel etc will go a long way in getting a home rented quickly.
- Location location location! This includes part of town, subdivision, schools etc. We will help you put your home’s best foot forward.
We aggressively market your home with a professional yard sign and an online listing featured on over 15 different websites. We take up to 25 photos of your home and are now taking YouTube digital video tours of all our homes. We are able to walk the potential tenant through your house without them having to walk in the door! This is a great tool for those who are not local and need to rent sight unseen. Working with an established management company and having extensive media enables us to rent to many out of town clients.
We use a combination of paid and free sites including:
Tenant ScreeningTenant screening is paramount to us! All adult occupants are required to complete our online rental application. We check credit, criminal background, national eviction search, and rental history. We also require 2 most recent pay stubs for income and employment and income verification as well as copies of photo IDs. With our thorough screening process and stringent requirements we greatly reduce the possibility of non payment by a tenant. We actually deny more applicants than we approve. We maintain these strict underwriting guidelines to reduce our homeowner’s risk of possible default by the tenant.
Security DepositsSecurity deposits are held according to law in our company’s trust account. Any damages to the property beyond normal wear and tear will be repaired out of these funds. Any remaining balance will be refunded to the tenant along with a ledger showing cost and descriptions within 30 days of move out.
Lease PreparationWe handle all lease preparation along with all other documents and disclosures required. Our leases have been drafted by attorneys familiar with landlord tenant law in South Carolina. Rest assured you will have a fair and well-balanced lease that will protect the owner and tenant’s best interest.
Cayce Area Information
Cayce is a city in Lexington and Richland counties in the U.S. state of South Carolina, along the Congaree River. The population was 12,528 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Columbia, South Carolina, Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Cayce lies mostly across the Congaree River from the state capital of Columbia, with a newly annexed section on the Richland County side awaiting development. Because both it and the neighboring city of West Columbia share road names and schools, they are sometimes referred to jointly as "Cayce-West Columbia". However, they are politically separate cities.
The Congaree River has always played a dominant role in Cayce's development. Cayce and other local governments jointly developed the Riverwalk along the Congaree, which provides walking, jogging, and nature observation opportunities. Development on both sides of the river is an important factor driving the city's economy. Source From Wikipedia