Many things affect the price and amount of days on market it will take to rent your home. We will advise you on what should be done, what may not be necessary and what has to be done in order to get your home rent ready. Some items of note are:
- Curb appeal. Having a neat yard with freshly cut shrubs gives a warm inviting feeling. If it is a vinyl home consider pressure washing. People know a neat home outside equals a neat home inside.
- Freshly painted walls with a warm neutral earth tone. Gone are the days of boring white walls. But we don’t want pink, blue, or orange rooms. They can be overpowering when viewing online and in person. Painting is the least expensive way to make the largest impact.
- Clean flooring is imperative. If carpeted have the carpets professionally steam cleaned. All tenants are charged to clean carpets at move out so we want to give them cleaned carpets at move in.
- Updated appliances. Everyone knows the kitchens can make the biggest difference in a home. Newer appliances, black, stainless steel etc will go a long way in getting a home rented quickly.
- Location location location! This includes part of town, subdivision, schools etc. We will help you put your home’s best foot forward.
We aggressively market your home with a professional yard sign and an online listing featured on over 15 different websites. We take up to 25 photos of your home and are now taking YouTube digital video tours of all our homes. We are able to walk the potential tenant through your house without them having to walk in the door! This is a great tool for those who are not local and need to rent sight unseen. Working with an established management company and having extensive media enables us to rent to many out of town clients.
We use a combination of paid and free sites including:
Tenant ScreeningTenant screening is paramount to us! All adult occupants are required to complete our online rental application. We check credit, criminal background, national eviction search, and rental history. We also require 2 most recent pay stubs for income and employment and income verification as well as copies of photo IDs. With our thorough screening process and stringent requirements we greatly reduce the possibility of non payment by a tenant. We actually deny more applicants than we approve. We maintain these strict underwriting guidelines to reduce our homeowner’s risk of possible default by the tenant.
Security DepositsSecurity deposits are held according to law in our company’s trust account. Any damages to the property beyond normal wear and tear will be repaired out of these funds. Any remaining balance will be refunded to the tenant along with a ledger showing cost and descriptions within 30 days of move out.
Lease PreparationWe handle all lease preparation along with all other documents and disclosures required. Our leases have been drafted by attorneys familiar with landlord tenant law in South Carolina. Rest assured you will have a fair and well-balanced lease that will protect the owner and tenant’s best interest.
West Columbia Area Information
Located just across the Congaree River West Columbia is a town steeped in rich history. Near the end of the civil war Sherman’s troops marched through West Columbia and Cayce to lay siege on Columbia. Since then West Columbia has grown to be an integral part of the Midlands community. It is home to the areas only commercial airport, Columbia Metropolitan Airport. Interstate 26 and 20 cross this community making it an easy commute to most parts of the Midlands. Notable employers in the area include the Amazon distribution center and the SCANA Energy Corporate headquarters.
West Columbia Information